Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's For Dinner Wednesday

A day late...and with no pictures, of dinner at least. I succeeded in making two meals yesterday! Chili for lunch, because winter is BACK, and Crispy Honey Lime Tilapia for dinner.

Sidenote: what is dinner at your house? The noon meal or the evening meal? At our place, dinner is in the evening.

I had planned on being a good blogger and taking pictures, but dinner was delayed due to a certain farmer. When we sat down to eat, I was way too hungry to care about pictures, as were the little Peas. I will let you look at the pictures on How Sweet It Is (one of my favorite food blogs). I also made the Blueberry Lime Salsa to go on top. I ended up using it as a salad dressing as well, and Titus and Selah just ate it with a spoon. Eating healthy is easy when it tastes this good!


In between making meals, I introduced the Peas to baking soda and vinegar. I saw this idea on Pinterest, and it was a big hit!


I dumped baking soda on a cookie sheet, added food coloring to vinegar in little cups, gave Selah and Titus medicine droppers and let them go to town!


I am sure the next time they help me bake, I will hear requests for colorful volcanoes! 


Besides cooking meals, I got nothing accomplished in the way of housework. I am learning to be okay with the chaos in our house. BUT, I did get to play dress-up and have superhero races!


I wish these happy, smiley pictures depicted the whole day, but there was a lot of yelling, crying, and hitting in between all these fun moments. Not to mention the snot from three runny noses! It is all just a part of life with three kids ages four and under, I guess. 


I am thankful to be a part of it (most of the time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment