Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's For Dinner Wednesday

So I thought I would post what we had for dinner, but it turned out to be an epic fail. I did not want to take pictures of it. I had attempted Jamie Oliver's Creamy Chicken and Leek Stroganoff. It may actually be really good, but in an effort to be healthier I used 1% milk instead of heavy cream. After I added the milk, several adorable distractions took me away from the stove.

The milk boiled.

It curdled.

It looked gross.

We ate it, and Robbie said it tasted good. But he dumped a bunch of soy sauce (what?!) on it first.


Lunch was a much more successful endeavor. I sauteed spinach and mushrooms in a little water, added 3 egg whites and topped with a little salsa. Yummy!


My goal is to be much more intentional with my food. It certainly is more difficult to put a meal together with three little ones demanding my attention, but I realize that as the person who is responsible for meals, I direct the health of my family. Yikes! I am hoping to limit the processed foods that I have started to rely on.


Nutella counts as a health food, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment