Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hannibal (not Lecter)

On our way to Nashville, we stayed at an eclectic little bed and breakfast in Hannibal, Missouri. I wish we could have spent a little more time in Hannibal in daylight exploring. I'm not sure how much of a town it would be without Mark Twain though. EVERYTHING seemed to relate to Mark Twain.

We stayed at the Garden House Bed and Breakfast was decorated, ummm, let's say "uniquely".
Transoms and light switch covers
This piece is movie-poster size!
Contrast

Knick Knacks

Cool old penny bank


The iris room
The couple who ran Garden House were really nice and made us all feel welcome and comfortable. However, I was a little uncomfortable during the night. The B&B is reportedly haunted. We stayed in the room with the rose transoms, and let me tell you, those roses look really freaky at 3 o'clock in the morning. I didn't sleep much thanks to Titus' head stuck in my back and Hannah's frequent waking, so I spent my waking moments wondering if each creak was the ghost coming to visit.

We did walk through downtown Hannibal in the rain looking for a place to eat supper. I'm sure people thought we were crazy, but it was wonderful for the kids to run around after a day spent in the swagger wagon. I found an unexpected welcome there as well!



Oh, and all pictures on this trip were taken on our iPhones. Sadly, I did not have the time or motivation to pull out my nice camera. I will just blame it on trying to keep track of the three peas.

If you ever travel through Hannibal, I recommend staying at a bed and breakfast. It will be an experience not to be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment